I just finished a great book called Just Courage by Gary A. Haugen. Being the president and CEO of International Justice Mission, he knows a few things about courage. Ponder a few of his statements…
- Christians seem to have the amazing ability to say the most wonderful things without actually believing them.
- Following Christ was supposed to be a bold adventure of power and beauty and singular importance, but the reality that keeps emerging appears to be something very different.
- Our rescue is not our ultimate destination; it is the indispensable means by which God works out his plan to rescue the world.
- When it comes to injustice (the abuse of power by taking from others what God has given them), God’s position is straightforward. God hates it and wants it to stop.
- Many Christians are so busy defending their own end zone that they have forgotten the joy of scoring touchdowns.
- If following Jesus does not feel dangerous, I should probably pause and check to see if it is Jesus I’m following.
- Am I being brave, or am I being safe?