While we talk about the second coming of Jesus, much of the world has never heard of the first.
- The task is simply that big
- We have been belligerently disobedient
- We have been distracted and unfocused
Until a few years ago, we didn’t understand the size and complexity of the “every ethnos” task. The people groups are actually still being identified in their entirety, so for over 1950 years, the church didn’t really understand depth of God’s intention to reach every single people group in the world. But make no mistake, God intends that “every people, nation, tribe and tongue” is represented before the throne of God some day.
Belligerent disobedience has been a factor through the ages. The church has often decided to follow it’s own agenda rather than God’s. It has been guilty of building it’s own little kingdoms rather than God’s Kingdom. It has had seasons of carnality and lacked the Spirit’s leading and empowerment. This has kept the church from pushing the mission forward.
We have also been distracted and unfocused and is often the case in this current era. We can do lots of good things, but not the right things. We can even be involved in what we call missions, but it’s not actually a part of “discipling the nations.” It takes intense focus and intentionality to effectively engage in bringing the nations to Christ.
I’m so excited about the fresh initiatives in Converge International Ministries:
- The Spice Island Initiative which will bring the gospel to dozens of people groups who have never heard a credible presentation of the gospel. We plan to send 100 missionaries there in the next ten years–each one working with nationals on the front lines who will do the critical work of evangelism and church planting.
- The fresh focus on Thailand (0.01% Christian) with the goal of starting 15 new English schools there in the next 15 years. This strategy has a greater goal of starting many churches among the least reached people of this country.
- New leadership in Europe is setting the stage for an intense increase in so much of what we do there. We are confident that the years ahead will establish hundreds of new churches and thousands of new believers in some of the most godless regions of this continent.
Our priority in Converge is to reach the least reached. Come join us in this great cause. Write to us at email@example.com.